Colt Forum banner
1 - 20 of 48 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone know the total number of each that Colt produced. I know Colt produced several variation of each and I know years manufactured, but I would love to know the number of each variation or total numbers of each model. Any input would be appreciated Thanks, Andy

·
Registered
2,460 Posts
Andy,Welcome to the forum and get in line.There are oodles of us that would like that information.Colt is the only ones with the exact number and they ain't saying.I'm sure that someone will be along to correct me if they do know the exact numbers but I wouldn't count on it.JMO D*

·
Premium Member
21,819 Posts
bookman68me, maybe you can request high and low serial numbers from members for each model and we can get an idea from that data. That would be a nice Thread for you to run. Here is my contribution:

SF-VI; Bobbed hammer; 2"bbl.; matt finish; SV6612

SF-VI; Std. hammer; 2"bbl.; matt finish; SV3378

SF-VI; Std. hammer; 2"bbl.; brite finish; SV7625

DS-II; Std, Hammer; 3"bbl.; matte finish; 9460SV

·
Premium Member
21,819 Posts
9460SV is high so far for the DS-II. Looking more and more like this was a 10,000 gun run. The SF-VI high number is in the SV96xx range (from a PM).
so that series looks like a 10,000 gin run, also.
Waiting to see if any numbers are higher or are in a range outside the SV prefix/suffix.

·
Premium Member
21,819 Posts
Scionti95, Is the first one listed SV94x8 a SF-VI instead of a DS-II? If not, you have the only DS-II we have seen with the SV prefix. There is one SF-VI reported to me (by PM) that is SV96xx.
Please check SN's and repost to verify.

1 - 20 of 48 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.