Colt Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2,443 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
greetings to all , i have a Two-tone NYPD official Police that needs a orginal barrel, now is it worth finding a early 1950's barrel( no too difficult ) or do i install a 6 inch heavy barrel i have here staring at me from the top of my computer.?? decisions, decesions , please post a therom, rj

·
Banned
1,129 Posts
how about posting a photo,i have never seen a 2 tone colt revolver.if the gun was original except the damaged bbl. i would try to repair it a closely as possible to it orig. condition.what is wrong with orig. bbl??

·
Registered
1,483 Posts
I think he means the Colt "duo or dualtone" blue as found on guns made from 1946 era up to circa 1953-54.

This was the matte,or flat blued trigger guard,top strap,and grip straps. rest of gun polished.

A 4" bbl. should go on that gun!

Bud /forums/images/graemlins/confused.gif

·
Banned
1,129 Posts
ok bud, now that i have your ear. have you ever seen a blue/nickle "pinto" colt?? i know s&w made some and while not rare they are uncommon. i was thinking this was what he was refering to.

·
Registered
1,483 Posts
Have seen "a couple"(besides some SAAs that were factory lettered)-but-it is ONE case where I sure would want a factory letter. With Colt NOT numbering the cylinders and bbls. on D.A.s,ala S&W,it sure would be an EASY conversion!

Hell,I built an S&W .44 Special "pinto",using a fairly beat postwar(1952ish)38/44 H.Duty frame,and a cutdown to 4.5" bbl. and matching nickled cylinder from a pre war 2nd Model H.E.

I had all the parts in stock,and had nothin' to do one Sat. evening,when "idea" hit me! Turned out to be a "shooting machine" with a Wondersight on the rear and a Marbles/Sheard#40 bead front.

To my eyes,the "prettiest Colts were the older nickled guns with the fireblued screws,and maybe the cylinder latch blued too,just to "set it off".

I think,some "recent"(last 25 years-when ya get my age!) Colt "pintos" MIGHT have been made for distributors like Lew Horton. Seem to recall a Det. Special????

Bud /forums/images/graemlins/confused.gif

1 - 6 of 6 Posts