Colt Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,971 Posts
Don't know for sure, but the first "A" that came to my mind was Atlanta Police Dept.
Just a guess, maybe someone knows for sure.

------------------
Dick

IN GOD WE TRUST,
BUT KEEP YOUR
SIDEARM HANDY!

·
*** ColtForum MVP ***
14,914 Posts
Unless somebody knows for sure, or you can get a letter from Colt showing sale to a specific department, pick a city that starts with an "A".

Atlanta
Albuquerque
Austin
Amarillo
Altuna
Alton
Alto Pass.........And on and on.

A LOT of police departments issued Colt DS's.

For that matter is could have been issued by the Agriculture and Produce Department.

·
Registered
535 Posts
rm vivas, You're NYC, right? So, how 'bout "Allentown, Pa?" Or, maybe,"Altoona, Pa.?" I STILL want one of your DS's but haven't got the cash and the time together at the same time. Got any left? Ever get a nickel one? Over?

·
Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I get lots of agency marked guns, but they are usually 4 inch. I seldom see a 2 inch gun with an agency mark.

I REALLY don't want to spend the money and wait 6 months for Colt to letter this thing.

And yes, there are still some DS's left as well as a number of other goodies that came in and I have on the website.

I did get an unfired later style nickel DS in, but it went out faster than a Mexican cigar!

Best,
RM Vivas www.vivasandson.com

·
Registered
535 Posts
GREAT! Soon as I can, I'll be in touch. Thanks for the reply, too. <BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by rm vivas:
I get lots of agency marked guns, but they are usually 4 inch. I seldom see a 2 inch gun with an agency mark.

I REALLY don't want to spend the money and wait 6 months for Colt to letter this thing.

And yes, there are still some DS's left as well as a number of other goodies that came in and I have on the website.

I did get an unfired later style nickel DS in, but it went out faster than a Mexican cigar!

Best,
RM Vivas www.vivasandson.com
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

1 - 7 of 7 Posts