Odd agency mark on DS

911 views 6 replies 5 participants last post by  rcwambold 
#1 ·
Can anyone identify this agency mark found on Detective Special # B31333:

A.P.D. - 135

RM Vivas

See less See more
#4 ·
Unless somebody knows for sure, or you can get a letter from Colt showing sale to a specific department, pick a city that starts with an "A".

Atlanta
Albuquerque
Austin
Amarillo
Altuna
Alton
Alto Pass.........And on and on.

A LOT of police departments issued Colt DS's.

For that matter is could have been issued by the Agriculture and Produce Department.

#6 ·
I get lots of agency marked guns, but they are usually 4 inch. I seldom see a 2 inch gun with an agency mark.

I REALLY don't want to spend the money and wait 6 months for Colt to letter this thing.

And yes, there are still some DS's left as well as a number of other goodies that came in and I have on the website.

I did get an unfired later style nickel DS in, but it went out faster than a Mexican cigar!

Best,
RM Vivas www.vivasandson.com

#7 ·
GREAT! Soon as I can, I'll be in touch. Thanks for the reply, too. <BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by rm vivas:
I get lots of agency marked guns, but they are usually 4 inch. I seldom see a 2 inch gun with an agency mark.

I REALLY don't want to spend the money and wait 6 months for Colt to letter this thing.

And yes, there are still some DS's left as well as a number of other goodies that came in and I have on the website.

I did get an unfired later style nickel DS in, but it went out faster than a Mexican cigar!

Best,
RM Vivas www.vivasandson.com
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.