Colt Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,564 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I am finally getting around to some long deferred closet/drawer/house cleaning/organizing/neatifying and I'm finding all sorts of things that have been nearly forgotten over the years.

Following are a few:

Several boxes of Colt matches, marked ONE HUNDREDTH ANNIVERSARY
Small Pewter? castings of antique Colts. Each about 2 to 3 inches long.
Tubular stock for manufacturing prewar magazines. One for .22LR, other for small center fire.
Length of Z-type spring for magazines

colt_100aniv_matches.jpg colt_castings.jpg

mags_springs.jpg

Questions, Comments? (Open to suggestions)

·
Registered
1,467 Posts
Once upon a time things like the matches and the little revolvers were give-aways to customers. Now a days you're lucky to get a calendar once a year. Grocery stores gave away china, flatware, and S&H Green Stamps for shopping there, you'd buy some detergent and there'd be a glass inside, gas stations always had some kind of give-away to buy their gas, (I still have a coin set from Sunoco featuring Civil War Generals). I've seen those little Colts, but can't remember who or when they came from. I've never seen the matches before.

·
Registered
3,142 Posts
Once upon a time things like the matches and the little revolvers were give-aways to customers. Now a days you're lucky to get a calendar once a year. Grocery stores gave away china, flatware, and S&H Green Stamps for shopping there, you'd buy some detergent and there'd be a glass inside, gas stations always had some kind of give-away to buy their gas, (I still have a coin set from Sunoco featuring Civil War Generals). I've seen those little Colts, but can't remember who or when they came from. I've never seen the matches before.
I retired from Procter & gamble and remember putting the glasses in boxes of Tide and at other times silverware. When boxes were damaged we would reclaim the Tide and stack up the glasses. Workers took many glasses home.

·
Registered
2,563 Posts
Those cast miniatures look much like a cuff links/tie clip set one of my girl friends gave me back in high school. There were sort of rhodium plated but very well detailed copies of a Colt 1849 Pocket Model, or the Wells Fargo Colt.

Bob Wright

1 - 7 of 7 Posts