Colt Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2,457 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I saw and purchased this High Standard about a year ago, but just recently took possession of it. The Form 4 took a while to process. This is one of about (2600) U.S.A. H-D pistols procured by the U.S. government during WWII, primarily for the OSS... the U.S.A. H-D MS. The idea of having one of these always appealed to me, but I really never thought I'd ever see one as nice for sale. I don't see too many of them in any condition, but then again, I'm not really an advanced High Standard collector. Things I don't really collect don't generally excite me too much, unless they are nice.

When I first saw this, I didn't know if it was for sale. I just knew I wanted to buy it. Class 3 doesn't typically do that much for me because it is usually expensive and you have to partner-up with the government to own it (as long as they say you can). But, I have another NIB military-procured Parkerized U.S.A. H-D, and I thought this would compliment it nicely.

I know some of the fellows here live, breathe and collect Colt only, so please excuse the off-topic post. However, I think many M1911 and M1911A1 collectors have a little interest in the secondary weapons the U.S. used at the same time, too.

·
Registered
2,457 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
No. I think it's been fired only a few times. Two of the screens look unused. The 3rd (an extra) appears to have been used a little...maybe with this pistol, or perhaps another. But, I like it just the way it is.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts