Colt Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just purchased a Colt Official Police .38 the butt is stamped "Michigan State Prison" and on the end of the butt is is stamped No. 16 I haven't see the grips on my gun on any other "official Police" model. mine are the prancing horse black checkered plastic grips.

Anyone out there know if these are the correct grips? Anything about this gun is most appreciated. IMG_2068.jpg

·
Premium Member
1,737 Posts
They look like New Army grips but I'm not positive that style was not offered on other models. I have never seen them on an OP either.

·
Registered
3,377 Posts
Welcome to the Forum, nice O.P.
How about some more pic's including the Michigan State Prison inscription.

·
Registered
1,533 Posts
well hello and welcome to the forum...great to have u with us....well all of the official polices's i have seen had wood grips and yours is a pre war it would have had a very nice set of wood service stocks...they are some of my favorites....i got a set of grips like those on a official police target 22 which where new army stocks like yours...i think they were cost effective and might have been put on it when the others got damaged or broken....more pics of your gun would be great too...God Bless,John

Reactions: Colt-SL
1 - 4 of 4 Posts