Colt Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I acquired this OMM a couple years ago. I am trying to date it correctly (the Colt s/n lookup is not very helpful in this case). Any other information, or link to reference article would be appreciated. Opinions on condition, grips, value, etc. are welcome.
It is relatively unscathed, with a slight turn ring, and little or no visible wear. I would also like to find out if this gun would have shipped with the target grips on it now. Thanks!

OMM (5th?? issue), .38 spl, 6"
s/n 92355x

·
Registered
2,866 Posts
That's a beautiful OMM and the models produced during the time those stocks were used are very popular. Since no one has provided a value yet, I'll take a shot at it and say around $900-$950 in today's market. Do you have the box and papers for it or just the gun ?

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
That's a beautiful OMM and the models produced during the time those stocks were used are very popular. Since no one has provided a value yet, I'll take a shot at it and say around $900-$950 in today's market. Do you have the box and papers for it or just the gun ?
Thank you. I don't have the box, just the gun. I had an opportunity to shoot an Officers Model some time ago, but never owned one. I was honestly surprised when I saw this one had no visible edge wear or muzzle wear, or cleaning marks. I was also confused by the s/n and thought the grips might have come from a different gun.

I bought the gun to shoot alongside a couple other target pistols, just as ammo got expensive, cleaned it, put it away, and only recently took it out of storage when I got my hands on a few more boxes of target ammo. Good thing wadcutters don't have expiration dates, lol.

I read that the OMM and the S&W Model 14 were competitors in the 1950's~60's.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts