Colt Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My LGS has an Officers Model Special in 98% or better; someone filled in the lettering of the model name with a gold colored substance. It looks fine but is not original. The gun does come with the original box, factory target, and original Coltwood grips. Manufactured between 1949-52. Any estimate as to value? Thanks.

·
Registered
2,439 Posts
You don't mention if it's .22 or .38. The .22 will always be worth more. Probably around $800 for a .38.

·
The Consummate Collector
7,513 Posts
The gold can easily be removed and if it is truly in 98% condition with the box then it should bring $1000-$1100.

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
The gold can easily be removed and if it is truly in 98% condition with the box then it should bring $1000-$1100.
They're asking $1,000. They may come down just a bit but not much. I'm a little gun rich and cash poor right now so will have to trade and/or put in layaway if I decide to get it. The other Colts I have from the 1950s, an OMM and .357 Magnum, are wonderful shooters and have me lusting after this OMS. If it lasts the weekend, I'll probably go back Monday.

·
The Consummate Collector
7,513 Posts
They're asking $1,000. They may come down just a bit but not much. I'm a little gun rich and cash poor right now so will have to trade and/or put in layaway if I decide to get it. The other Colts I have from the 1950s, an OMM and .357 Magnum, are wonderful shooters and have me lusting after this OMS. If it lasts the weekend, I'll probably go back Monday.
The OMS is a great one to get as Colt only made them for a few years.

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Went by and put it in layaway today. When I pick it up, I'll post some pics. Thanks again.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts