Colt Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
778 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Howdy fellas: Bumped into a gun shop in an nearby town I rarely visit. He had some interesting revolvers, and about the craziest prices I have ever seen. He did have a Officers Match Target in 32 cal. looked like about 98% finish. He remarked that the price reflected the rarity of that gun in 32 calibre. How about it, is this that unusual? I have a beautiful 22 cal. myself, and it is one of my favorites.

Thanks, Robba

·
Registered
1,064 Posts
The .32s do command the highest prices. Some are really out of this world. You won't see many of them. If you don't mind what was the price? I have been looking for one, but the 2 I have seen were beyond my pocket.
I have the 3 S&W Masterpieces (.22,.32,.38) and would like to get the OMT in .32 so I would have a set to match against the Smiths.

·
Registered
778 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Like I said he wanted crazy prices. The 32 was about $1,800. In the next few days I'll go back, and get more info on it. I could have got the price wrong. He had other revolvers for $1,200. He asked stupid prices for revolvers that had been refinished. The Officers Match Target was in pristine condition. What would a reasonable price be for this?? I don't want it, so have no reason not to follow up on it for you. Robba

·
Registered
1,064 Posts
I have seen prices way over that $1800 mark. I saw one that didn't have a turn line in the box complete with everything. It had a price tag of $3200. The other one I saw was lightly used and priced at $2500 without the box.
If the one you are looking at is in excellent condition I would pay the $1800.

[This message has been edited by Majic (edited 04-21-2005).]

·
Registered
778 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Hi Majic: I am going back to the that town tomorrow on business, and will go back to the shop, and get the serial #, and his price for the 32 OMM. I left that shop the other day with a bad taste in my mouth just because of the owners attitude, etc. I did not handle it at all, and just looked through the glass case. He had the price tag partially obscured, so don't be surprised if the price is a doozy. I'll get back to you Friday P.M. with the scoop. I did not give it the attention I would have had it been a model that interested me. We have many beautiful pistol mostly revolvers from Colt, Ruger, and S&W, but we are shooters not collectors. Best to you all, Robba

·
Registered
153 Posts
It's a rare gun and the price is not crazy, in fact it may be on the low side, if the prices on the old OMT's keep going up in a years time it will be on the low side.
Please don't forget, these are no longer just "shooting" guns, there collectors Items and the collectors will set the value.
IP

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by robba:
Howdy fellas: Bumped into a gun shop in an nearby town I rarely visit. He had some interesting revolvers, and about the craziest prices I have ever seen. He did have a Officers Match Target in 32 cal. looked like about 98% finish. He remarked that the price reflected the rarity of that gun in 32 calibre. How about it, is this that unusual? I have a beautiful 22 cal. myself, and it is one of my favorites.

Thanks, Robba
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

·
Registered
778 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
for Majic: Went back to gun shop today about the 32. I am not sure it is what you are looking for, but I'm not a collector of these things. Barrel is marked as follows: Officers
Colt model 32
Heavy Barrel
Serial #636XXX. Grips may not be original. They are large checkered wood target with silver medallion. It has been fired. No box, or papers. My son & I have bought many pistols, mostly revolvers, and are very wary of refinish jobs. This looks OK to me. Edges of top strap are sharp, and barrel markings are sharp, and clear. The rampant colt above the grip is sharp, and those grips cover the butt end of the colt. There is just a hint of holster wear on the right side of the muzzle. Have to look close to see it. If this is what you are looking for, get me your email address, and I will email you my #800 number, and give you the name & address. Price: $1,799.00 Robba

·
Registered
1,064 Posts
Robba,
You don't have your email posted on this site. You can get mine by using the icon directly over the post. I would like to investigate this revolver some more and would appreciate the info you can provide for me.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts