Colt Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
6,572 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I got a 1940 Officers Model Target in .22 last week. Took it to the range friday and I'm very pleased. The trigger is the lightest I've ever felt, it's better than a set trigger on a rifle. You just "think" about pulling it and it's gone. Not dangerously light, just so smooth you don't notice it.

I tried some standard velocity CCI first, to check the sites. They shot OK, but not great.

I switched to the Aquila Target Pistol Match (or some such, in a black box) and stopped there! The pistol shot the group below on the second cylinder. Now it's only 10 yds, and from a rest, but it just looks great. At 25 it (I) did more erratic. Some groups were pretty tight, some not. Must be me.

I think my bullseye is too small for 25 yards, my eyes are starting to feel their age. It is about a 2 in black, something I made on the PC.

But I love the pistol, it's just what I hoped for. Now I can shoot more often, and make the ******* at the range with their modern guns wonder.

·
Registered
491 Posts
Very nice group. It sure is fun to shoot the old pistols and experience what craftmanship used to be!

1 - 2 of 2 Posts