Colt Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
111 Posts
Very nice, love those Ropers! Seems I rarely see this quality of Colt DA in the mid-west, and have only seen one other OMT in nickel finish and that one had been rode hard.

[This message has been edited by SEBCo (edited 02-06-2004).]

·
Registered
111 Posts
Michael,
Interesting point on the nickel finish, but with all the variations and custom work Colt did with the OMT line I guess I'd be surprised if they didn't do some in nickel. I recently sold an OMT 22 with a custom hammer that the buyer thought was work done by King, I'm using the funds to upgrade but it looks like you've gotten all the really nice one's already!

Scott

·
Registered
570 Posts
Mike: Beautiful guns in your post, as usual. On the subject of nickel OMs, I seem to recall a few years ago that the CCA magazine, the Rampant Colt, had a nickel OM on the cover. I don't recall if it was .22 or .38, but it was a beauty like yours. Charlie Flick

·
Registered
67 Posts
Really handsome.

Surely makes my old OM's look ratty.

I never see the Roper grips except with the thumb shelf. Am envious of the simpler design Ropers...not to mention the full checkered Colt "Target" grips.

Thanks for sharing.

------------------
...for iron, cold iron is master of men all...

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by SEBCo:
Very nice, love those Ropers! Seems I rarely see this quality of Colt DA in the mid-west, and have only seen one other OMT in nickel finish and that one had been rode hard.
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

SEBCo, I'm still waiting on a letter from Colt to confirm the nickel finish is original. It LOOKS like it to me, but we shall see.

I am a Roper nut. In fact, that's how I got into collecting Colts. I had a number of Roper-stocked guns from S&W (where he was VP for a while), but kept coming across these really nice Officers Models outfitted with Ropers (as well as with King sights, ribs, hammers, and triggers -- another passion of mine); and now I'm hooked on Colt D.A. revolvers, too, whether or not they wear Roper wood! (Like 256-MS, I think those full-checkered target stocks found on OMMs, early Pythons, and some early .357s are magnificent.)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts