Colt Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I recently purchased a Colt Officers Model 32 (.32 Colt NP) at a local gun store, serial number 6568XX. I know this chambering is relatively uncommon but what's the story on these revolvers? I've read that some (or most?) were sold to the the Ohio National Guard just prior to WWII and eventually disposed of as surplus by the ONG. Were they ever sold commercially? This revolver appears to have seen little or no use and still had cosmoline in the barrel and cylinder chambers. BTW, there were two more in the LGS when I left.

·
Registered
117 Posts
i believe it is rare, could u please send me a PM with shop name and phone. what price range? thank you.

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks everyone for all the useful information. Has anyone "lettered" one of these guns from Colt?

·
Registered
478 Posts
Rare is a relative term. They're certainly uncommon. If you're not planning on buying the other guns from the shop, perhaps you could share the location? This is a gun that I've wanted to add.

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
They are located at Pinto's Guns in Renton, Washington. Pinto's has a web site for info re phone numbers and hours of operations. Several forum members have already contacted me by pmail for this info and I assume they have contacted Pinto's.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts