Colt Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I recently acquired this pistol and it has all the outwardly appearance of being practically new.
Upon firing the pistol, one chamber is extremely hard to extract the case without the aid of a cleaning rod or something to push the case out.
The case from the problem chamber miked out at 5 thousands plus over the other five cases.
I am wondering how this condition would have occured and where might I find a replacement cylinder.
Thanks...

·
Banned
1,130 Posts
just a guess but i would suspect lead/carbon ring in that cyl,gun most likely been shot with wadcutters and with a different style bullet{longer} there may enough resistance to raise the pressure before the bullet gets a start.i measured several fired cases and most run .375 right in frt. of the rim and .380 about 1/4 in down where the brass is thinner.i would clean the chambers with a lewis lead remover or a clymer deleading reamer.a standard cleaning brush will not always do the job.does the primer on that case show any signs of excess pressure?? /forums/images/graemlins/cool.gif

1 - 2 of 2 Posts