Colt Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
274 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
As some of you may be aware, the only way we Massachusetts residents can buy an out of state Colt Handgun is if it is a Curio & Relic.
A new shop recently opened in CT, just across the border. I've become friendly with the staff hoping that they may come across some nice older colts that I might be able to acquire. Sure enough, I get a call this afternoon that they may have a line on an Officers Model .22 that is pristine and in the box. The guy tells me he thinks the owner may take around $700. I ask what year, and he says he doesn't know, but he thinks they only made it for a few years. So...right away I think of a post series OMM that was only made from 1949-1952.

A meet is arranged with the owner , and the prize is withdrawn from a canvas bag and it is indeed pristine in the original box and............. a fifth series made in 1969.
My bubble is instantly burst, back to the drawing board-the hunt continues!

·
Registered
1,334 Posts
Wow, I did not know Mass had laws like Cali. We are both in the same boat, I'm sorry to say.

However once you do find your OM, it will be enhanced due to the extra hoops you had to jump through. When ever I score a nice gun in Cali I get double the pleasure. One for finding a nice Colt and another for thumbing my nose at our stupid pols

Keep looking you will find your Colt

·
Premium Member
4,039 Posts
Do they want to sell it and ship to an AZ resident? I'm looking for a LNIB 1969 Officer's Model 22...

·
Registered
102 Posts
I've got an Officers Model Match 5th series built in 1953. It's pretty mint too. I've been thinking of selling some of my non-shooters. Let me know if you're interested. I also have a BSTS 4" Python built in 1985 I might sell. I hope it's okay to offer it to you here. The Python is my avatar.

·
Premium Member
4,604 Posts
Hi there rhloew;

I get that same horrible feeling when I learn of a revolver that I could add to my collection. Here in Canada we are prohibited from importing any barrel, or gun that has a barrel length of 105mm or less into Canada. You see, the Canadian government believes that it is far too easy to conceal a 4" barreled revolver, where a 4.25 would be just a little too long to conceal so easily. As you can see, we have some great thinkers here in Canadian politics.

Thankfully, and lucky for us these days, many US gun manufacturers are making guns with 4.25 barrels so that they can be exported from the US to Canada. Thank you Mr. Colt, and you too Mr. Smith and Mr. Wesson, and others.

I feel rather badly for you about this sort of thing. I can honestly say, "I know how you feel."

Bud

As some of you may be aware, the only way we Massachusetts residents can buy an out of state Colt Handgun is if it is a Curio & Relic.
A new shop recently opened in CT, just across the border. I've become friendly with the staff hoping that they may come across some nice older colts that I might be able to acquire. Sure enough, I get a call this afternoon that they may have a line on an Officers Model .22 that is pristine and in the box. The guy tells me he thinks the owner may take around $700. I ask what year, and he says he doesn't know, but he thinks they only made it for a few years. So...right away I think of a post series OMM that was only made from 1949-1952.

A meet is arranged with the owner , and the prize is withdrawn from a canvas bag and it is indeed pristine in the original box and............. a fifth series made in 1969.
My bubble is instantly burst, back to the drawing board-the hunt continues!

·
Registered
2,559 Posts
OMM's were made from 1953 to 1969. They were replaced by the OMM Mark III. There were only about 500 of those made around 1970.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.