Colt Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Forum Friend
5,858 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Been wanting a Colt .22 revolver for a while & watching WTS & auctions. When I saw this one 'buy now' for $625 I fell for it. Dunno if it was its price or my resistance failed for a moment. Its seen use with a speck here & there, blue thinning at muzzle and cyl points but goes to locked battery slowest full cock. Seems to be a good sound gun. Action smooth as glass. Wondering if these grips are original.

S/N dates it 1950.

·
Registered
312 Posts
If it shoots like mine, you will be very happy. It is solid, smooth DA,crisp SA, and scary precise. I know the shot will go where aimed, even if a miss. Who knows how much any Colt is really worth nowadays. The OMM is sort of a standard to aspire to.

·
Forum Friend
5,858 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 · (Edited)
Checking the auctions I find a variety of grip styles on the Officers Model Match pieces offered. Many are with the standard Colt frame-profile grip with Colt medallion. I'm assuming mine had that kind and got replaced with the grips shown - which are a factory made grip, judging from the milled backsides. I also saw no comparable gun offered for less than $700 plus. So I'm happy with my impulse purchase at $625 & think I'll put Colt medallions on my grips.

From looking at the many at auction I conclude one had the option of ordering the 'target' grip seen above with gunfish and maybe skilled's version or take the basic medallion grip. I saw several of the type shown by gunfish and I think only one similar to that by skilled - maybe a late version?

·
Premium Member
3,395 Posts
They had the fully checkered stocks till about 1960-61 I believe. Then they went with the smiley face stocks as gunfish displayed. They both would still have the silver medallions.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.