Colt Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
OFFICER\'S MODEL MATCH BIRTHDAY

I just acquired a .38 SPL OFFICERS MODEL MATCH. The serial number is: 924XXX. Can anybody tell me the year of manufacture?

ALSO, does Colt have a toll-free number
to call to get this information and answer other general questions?

Also, what is the frame-size designation for the subject revolver?

[This message has been edited by NAVIGATOR (edited 11-21-2002).]

·
Registered
58 Posts
Re: OFFICER\'S MODEL MATCH BIRTHDAY

The Officer's Model Match was made from 1953-1969. I can't tell you the exact year of your gun but from the other forum,it sounds like you need some grips. If you want target grips,the early guns used the style that was checkered all the way to the top ..hard to find and expensive. The 2nd checkering style stopped under the medallion and was curved on the top. The last style(not correct for your gun) has the checkering ending below the medallion but cut in a straight line across the top. The Python grips are the same and will fit except the medallions for a Python are gold,the OMM used silver medallions. These medallion colors may not apply to the early full checkered grips ...I can't remember for sure.

·
Registered
58 Posts
Re: OFFICER\'S MODEL MATCH BIRTHDAY

Navigator, The are several good people on the GunBroker forum "Ask the Experts" that could probably tell you the exact year of your gun. JudgeColt,RancheroPaul,and SaxonPig to name a few,I don't think any of them belong to the Colt forum yet. Some of the guns can't be traced to an exact year(without a factory letter) because the reference books only give a serial number range. I think if you ask over there,you will get the answer you seek.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts