Colt Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
195 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I got a new camera and took some better photos of my Offficers Model Match MKIII. 1 of 496 made in 69 & 70. This one was made in 69 according to Colt. Only shots were done at the factory. Not too many have seen this model so here it is for your viewing pleasure.

FC

·
The Searcher
11,097 Posts
Re: Officers Model Match MKIII - New Camera, New P

Great find. As I said before,one I would like to have but likely never will. Don't you wonder where the other 495 are? /forums/images/graemlins/wink.gif

·
Registered
47 Posts

Wow, exceptional gun and exceptional pictures !

Did you find that in California ?

Thomas

·
Registered
195 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·

Thanks for all the compliments gentlemen. I consider myself to be very lucky on this find especially because it was in California.

FC

·
Registered
582 Posts

"Don't you wonder where the other 495 are?"

Actually, I saw one last year at the Lakeland gun show. The guy wanted about $1400 for it. Probably the only one I'll ever see, and way too rich for my blood.

·
The Searcher
11,097 Posts

[ QUOTE ]
"Don't you wonder where the other 495 are?"

Actually, I saw one last year at the Lakeland gun show. The guy wanted about $1400 for it. Probably the only one I'll ever see, and way too rich for my blood.

[/ QUOTE ]
That is encouraging, however, and although I am generally not tempted by the really "high dollar" guns, that one would make me think. Thanks. /forums/images/graemlins/cool.gif

·
Registered
3,936 Posts

The revolver on Gunbroker has a much heavier turn line than does the one above. Me thinks the Gunbroker revolver's been fired more than 6 times or at least dry-fired a lot.

·
Registered
576 Posts

I am not familiar with this gun, but if I may offer an opinion anyway, I think if only 496 were made that the price is reasonable and will rise sharply in the future. People will spend that much for a Python with a box, and how many Pythons are there extant? It is also visually a very striking gun.

(Hmmm... I like it a lot... Maybe I need one of those... /forums/images/graemlins/cool.gif)

1 - 16 of 16 Posts