Colt Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I picked up this 38 special yesterday at a local gun show. The serial number is 928825. I'm trying to find out what year it was manufactured. I went to colt's website and typed in the serial number and it came back as a '67 police positive, a '64 police positive, and a '43 model 1911. One forum member said 1961. Will python grips fit this revolver? The last colt I owned was a trooper mk4 in 357 in the early eighties and I horse traded it away.

·
Premium Member
121 Posts
The 38 special serial #'s were numbered in sequence with the Trooper. your OMM was made in 1961.

Python grips will fit.

·
Registered
10,827 Posts
Here's your revolver's brother...made in the 1965-1966 time period.

Reactions: Hopalong

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 · (Edited)
very nice! The guy I got the revolver from threw in some factory military jacketed ammo. They're pretty long and almost reach the end of the cylinder. It's stamped wcc83. I wonder if they're safe to shoot. I've got a s&w new model 66 combat 357 magnum I'll probably shoot a few out of 1st and maybe chrono. them eventually. I'm fixin' to go on a 38 special light load reloading campaign.

·
Registered
10,827 Posts
That's probably M-41 ammunition...it's a somewhat light load even for a .38 Special. WCC83 is for Western Cartridge Corporation and 1983 is the year of manufacture. Most major ammunition makers sell it commercially.

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 · (Edited)
Interesting, I think 1983 was the year I got rid of that trooper. Oh well, a model 66 ain't no slouch either. Another question: what is the empty weight of the officer's model match? I'm trying to increase my colt knowledge now that I'm a member of the club again.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts