Colt Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
168 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I picked up an Officers Model Match at a recent show. Always wanted a top quality Colt target revolver and the price was right ($300 OTD 95-99% gun). Incorrect aftermarket target grips, but I have a pair of lefty target grips with thumb rest I've been dying to use.

Anyway, I have a question about the serial number, it is 9039XX. I did a search and Tilton Hilton posted a question about a similar SN OMM and there was some disagreement about the date. Can someone date this gun for me?

Thanks,
clang

·
Registered
1,064 Posts
You will find the medium framed Colts sharing the same block of serial numbers. The OM, OP, Trooper, and the 357 all shared the same serial number range at one time or another.

BTW.. Congrats on getting a nice Colt. Not a bad price considering it's not original and in good condition.

·
Registered
778 Posts
Super nice price!

Look on Ebay for the correct stocks/grips should you want to keep them around for the collector value of the gun.

·
Registered
168 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
So which would be the correct grips? Would it be full coverage checkering target grips? I've got plenty of Colt grips laying around (I've been buying them at gun shows whenever I find them cheap) so I may already have what I need.

Thanks.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts