Colt Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
64 Posts
There were several of these at the last gun show I went to...I came dangerously close to buying one, but I ended up getting a package deal for my Official Police and a Kel-tec P32 (please forgive my blasphemy on the Colt board). Maybe next time...what I really want is either a Diamondback or (more likely) Trooper in .22

------------------
-Gun control means using both hands-
JR

·
Registered
52 Posts
Just bought an Officers Model Match 6 inch barrel with S/N of 902xxx which, I believe, dates this revolver to 1953. Revolver is in very nice shape at approx. 90% condition. Lockup is tight, in fact, tighter, with no cylinder wobble nor end play at ALL, than any of my 14 or so S&W revolvers, most of which are 1980's vintage and newer.

The action is very smooth and clicks really nice as you bring it into single action battery or work it double action. Not anything like my Smiths or even my Colt Magnum Carry. [I do not own a Python although I've been looking for one.]

Can anyone confirm year for me? Any thoughts or comments or similar or identical guns that you might have experiences with. Thank.

[This message has been edited by R. Walter (edited 05-08-2003).]

·
Registered
48 Posts
back in the late 60s i bought a officers model match in 22 i think.. shot the dickens out of it and a gunsmith said i had worn it out.. i sold it and was later told by another gunsmith it just needed the arm peened to lengthen it so it would come back in time.. i had bouth the officers model match to have the same grip and angle as the two pythons i had purshased from warshalls in seattle i had the 6 inch which my dad still has i gave it to him. and the 2/1/2 inch that i sold in helena montana years later. i paid 200 dollars for both the pythons.. i really liked them but the 2 1/2 inch was the least liakable.. a friend of mine bought the 4 inch and would call it the best all around but the 6 inch is a real sweetheart and the handsomest of all 357's.. good luck dave.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts