Colt Forum banner

21 - 40 of 150 Posts

·
Banned
7,709 Posts
My 1940 OM Heavy Barrel .38 that I was fortunate to acquire much to the consternation and loud cussing of a fellow forum member during the heat of battle at auction. While I did apologize :p I'm not too guilt ridden to enjoy shooting this beauty with a smile on my face :)
1940 Colt OM (1024x575).jpg

·
Registered
4 Posts
Info about Officers Model

Hey guys, I inherited an old Officer's Model that my grandfather wanted to restore, and never got the chance. Since this seems like the knowledgeable place, I thought I'd see if anybody could give me any information about it. It has a 7 1/2 inch barrel, and the words "Officer's Model .38" are visible on the side, along with "Hartford CT" and some dates on the top. Everything else (including serial number) is too worn to read. The grips are obviously not original, and the cylinder is from a different gun altogether. I've talked to two gunsmiths about it. Neither of them have seen the gun in person, just pictures. The first said it could be over $500 to get it working again, and he didn't think it was worth it. The second thought he could fix it up for around $150. Any thoughts or information about it is appreciated.

DSC_0086.jpg DSC_0088.jpg DSC_0089.jpg

·
Premium Member
4,614 Posts
Here's mine in .22 Cal.

Serial Number is: 9060Y, but I have no idea of the date it was born though.

I was fortunate to obtain this from the second owner. The first was a Colt employee in 1929 I think. It's in very good condition. No box, no papers, but I just love it, and boy can it knock soda cans off the fence at at 50 yards, no problem at all.

Bud

Officers_Hammer_2.jpg Officers_Right_1.jpg Officers_Left1.jpg OM_Rear_Sight_1.jpg Officers_Serial_Number.jpg

·
The Consummate Collector
6,432 Posts
This is an Officers Model Target from 1939 that is in new and unfired condition. It has a nice set of Roper stocks and the full King rib as well as being fitted with the King-Gaidos .22 conversation unit which means the can be changed from .38 caliber to .22 caliber in a matter of a couple of minutes. The whole unit is housed in a Huey case that I had build for the gun and accessories.

·
Registered
123 Posts
These great pics of the Colt OMT bring back great memories; thank you guys.The Range officer of my club (10 years ago) .... Had a primo example. He let me shoot it at his targets set at 50 yds.The first carefully aimed shot from a casual ..elbows on bench (braced) hold; resulted in a X-ring..bullseye,shot.The guy said it was OK ,but I should practice free-hold and speed up my shots. LOL

21 - 40 of 150 Posts