Colt Forum banner
61 - 80 of 331 Posts
Colt 7 1/2" Officers Model Target. It was made in 1927 and has Class "B" factory engraving by Wilbur A. GLahn. The pearl stocks are original and listed in the factory letter. The gun also has a bead front sight. Approximately 180 Officers Model Target revolvers were factory engraved however most had the 6" barrel making this a rare gun.

Can't remember why I bought it, 'as new', can't shoot it & not what I collect. No marks at all except the pony on the side plate & project number on right lower front frame. Letter IDs it as experimental piece for straight barrel thread.

Could it be either Officers Model or Official Police, depending only on its markings?

Just purchase my 1st Colt revolver, + Officer Model 38 + on side of 6" pencil barrel with what looks like "Maltese Cross" (see remarks thanks to 824tsv )on each side of OM 38. Call Colt Mfg. was told 1950 year but sights look to be earlier. SR# 4905xx., I know grips are not original, but do not know if nickel or chrome finish is. Has 3 patent dates on top of barrel PAT'D AUG 5,1884 JULY 4,1905 OCT 5,1926. Hope pics help. Any information would be a help. Thanks Firearm Gun Revolver Trigger Gun accessory
Gun Revolver Trigger
Metal

Welcome to the Forum,
Your Officers Model (OM) dates to 1923. The OM and Army Special were serialized together from 1908-1927. The Irish Cross that you mention are actually "Maltese Cross" and are original to the barrel markings from that time period. They are there for decoration purpose and have no real hidden meaning. The Maltese Cross has long been used as a medal for target shooters, and Colt used them on the barrels of target revolvers in this era. I can't tell without better pic's if the finish is original or not but I suspect it's been done post factory.

Just purchase my 1st Colt revolver, + Officer Model 38 + on side of 6" pencil barrel with what looks like Irish Crosses on each side of OM 38. Call Colt Mfg. was told 1950 year but sights look to be earlier. SR# 4905xx., I know grips are not original, but do not know if nickel or chrome finish is. Has 3 patent dates on top of barrel I think. Hope pics help. Any information would be a help. Thanks View attachment 243833 View attachment 243841 View attachment 243849

61 - 80 of 331 Posts