Colt Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

· Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

I got the opportunity last week to purchase a Colt Officer's Model Special in 22LR from a gentleman I've known for years. I didn't know much about them until I was doing some research and saw that they were kind of Colt's competition to the Smith & Wesson Pre-Model 17. I'm real happy I was able to purchase it as I am a S&W collector and thought it would be great to also have the Colt from the same era as my S&W Pre-Model 17. This Colt is in pretty good condition with what I would call normal bluing wear. I guess I would rate it at about 85%. I haven't shot it yet, but am looking forward to doing so. Any information anyone can provide is appreciated.

Air gun Trigger Gun barrel Machine gun Gun accessory
Air gun Trigger Gun barrel Gun accessory Revolver
Air gun Trigger Machine gun Gun barrel Gun accessory
Tire Automotive tire Tread Rim Bicycle part
Automotive tire Bumper Automotive exterior Bicycle part Rim
Automotive tire Motor vehicle Tire Automotive design Bumper

· Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yeah, hopefully I'll get out one of these days and plink off a few rounds. Might not be for awhile as I guess we are heading down into the deep freeze again for at least the next few weeks!!!

· Registered
2,811 Posts
The OMS is my favorite of all the OMs, and I have them all. I like the sights and find that for me at least, I can't shoot them the best. I like to add later target stocks because I think that it balances out the look of the gun. In factory form, they look like they have too much barrel and too little grip. I now have 4 .22s and 3 .38s.

· Registered
7,604 Posts
The OMS is my favorite of all the OMs, and I have them all. I like the sights and find that for me at least, I can't shoot them the best. I like to add later target stocks because I think that it balances out the look of the gun. In factory form, they look like they have too much barrel and too little grip. I now have 4 .22s and 3 .38s.
Really cool picture

· Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·

It had these FM Inc. marked target grips on it, but the seller also had the originals, so I put those back on.
Bicycle saddle Fender Electric blue Bicycle part Bumper
Electric blue Metal Gloss Fashion accessory Steel

1 - 20 of 20 Posts