Colt Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Any opinions on the value of an Officers Model Special, Ser. no. 786xxx in excellent condition, original finish (no box/ papers)? Thanks.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
.38 cal., slight wear on bluing at edge of muzzle: appears pretty much "perfect" otherwise. Stocks are a dark, unfigured walnut, checkered (not "target" sized) with a silver-colored, Colt medallion.

·
Premium Member
9,697 Posts
The stocks should be "Coltwood" plastic with molded-in "medallions." While the OMS is about the best shooter of the three major Officers Model variations (my opinion not necessarily shared by others), the OMS does not seem to bring much in .38. I usually do not comment on value since it is so variable, but I will guess the value of such a gun missing its original stocks could be from $375 to $450, give or take.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks, JudgeColt. The revolver has "ColtMaster" adjustable rear sights. I assume those are stock sights. From what you have opined, $325.00 sounds like a decent price...

·
Registered
1,310 Posts
The price seems quite reasonable. IF you buy it, you might keep your eyes open for the proper plastic stocks (grips). For info, the current Blue Book lists the value at 95% condition at about $500 (with the proper coltwood stocks).

The 22's sell for more.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts