Colt Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
347 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
New acquisition:

OMS shooter in 38 Special, fourth issue (circa 1950 by serial number). This one has serrated trigger and checkered target hammer. Bull barrel with micro-adjustable rear sight. Rear sight is not original, its a Micro - not a Coltmaster. (Props to A1A for noticing. Always learning on this forum.) Extended ramp for front sight. Stocks are not original to this gun. Should be Coltwood plastic according to references. Some references say this version should have a plain trigger and narrow hammer. Target hammer and trigger seem right for a target gun. Should be a dual tone finish on frame, so suspect its a re-blue. Bought it to shoot and intend to do just that...

Bill

·
Registered
2,542 Posts
Towards the end of production in 1952, Colt added a target hammer. It could also be purchased and installed on any OMS as shown in this ad from 1952.

·
Premium Member
6,571 Posts
I have my second OMS coming in 38. I have not decided what stocks to use on it yet, as anything that fits the python will work. It has aftermarket service stocks on it right now. My first OMS is wearing colt/pachmayr grippers. While service colt wood plastic stocks are correct, I feel they are lacking on such a fine shooting revolver.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.