Colt Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Premium Member
441 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just picked up a pretty nice 1949 OM Target in what I think is its original box...........if it's not the original its still been stored in it for a while........every "divot and dent" in the box fits the pistol perfectly but I'm anxious to hear from the experts! S/N is 755 XXX which looks like a 1949 to me? Was this the last of the Targets made before switching to the Match? Let me know what you guys think, I noticed it is missing a screw in the front sight to adjust and another in the rear which I assume was a lock screw. I havent had time to shoot or clean it, it's just the way I found it..........$775 Gun Firearm Revolver Trigger Gun accessory
Gun Revolver Firearm Trigger Starting pistol
Revolver Gun Firearm Trigger Starting pistol
Firearm Gun Revolver Trigger Starting pistol
Gun Firearm Revolver Trigger Air gun

·
Registered
4,841 Posts
Very Nice one. I love mine. It is great shooter and that front sight adjustment is special. I might be wrong but that looks like the highly desired leatherette box.I don't keep track of the details of what box goes with what gun,but my guess is that one looks right for 1949(But I could be wrong).

·
Premium Member
9,820 Posts
Why does the box need "preserving?" Do you really mean the box needs to be "repaired?" If you mean the latter, then you repair what is wrong with it by carefully gluing the split corners and the like. These boxes are difficult to repair invisibly once the covering over the underlying cardboard is gone, so the repair may show. You will have to decide which is more important.

A Post-War Officers Model Target should have Coltwood stocks, so the wood stocks are incorrect. Finding a set of early, highly-colored Coltwood stocks will be difficult.

·
Premium Member
441 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Thanks for the positive comments. I think I will start out by cleaning and shooting the pistol tomorrow and then going about seeing what I can do to repair whats left of the box.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.