Colt Forum banner

Official "Any other Colt Long Gun except AR15 Photo Thread" .

6K views 34 replies 17 participants last post by  22_Matt 
#1 ·
Please share your non-AR15 Colt long gun photos .

Percussion era up to today .

If we get enough we'll make it a sticky threads .

Thank you .

#8 ·
My non-AR Colt long guns...

Two Colt Sauers...top rifle is 7mm Magnum with Leupold 3-9x scope...bottom rifle is .30-06 with Burris Fullfield 3-9X scope...

Coltsman rifle in .308 Winchester on SAKO L579 receiver with a Coltmaster 4X scope...

Colt 57 rifles...top rifle .30-06 with Bausch & Lomb Balfor scope with external adjustments...bottom rifle .243 with Lyman All-American 4X scope...

Colt Coltsman Deluxe rifles...top rifle .300 H&H Magnum on FN action with Coltmaster 4X scope...bottom rifle .308 SAKO L579 action with Coltmaster 4X scope...

Colt Light Rifle in .30-06 with Colt Optics 3-9X scope...

I used to have several Coltsman pump shotguns in 12-, 16- and 20-gauge as well as a Colt/Franchi semi-auto shotgun and several Colt .22 rifles...Courier, Stagecoach, Colteer and a 1-22 single shot .22 Magnum. I also had a 1883 side-by-side. I sold them all several years back.

#10 ·
I just picked up this Colt M2012 made for Colt by Cooper. It's in .308, a laminated stock and I mounted a Colt Optics 3-9x scope on it.

Here it is with my other M2012 with a heavy barrel and an aluminum chassis it's mounted in. The scope is a Colt Optics 10x model.

#15 ·
HOLY CRAP! That's some collection there!

#18 ·
What caliber are your large frames
They are 38/56, 40/60, 45/85. Still chasing the 50. Thought I had one a few months ago. But of course something came up at the same time. A guy in Penn, had carbine and baby carbine for sale, in 38/40. These would of finished off my Medium frames. Photos were exchanged, price agreed to, time to meet for inspection, (with in a week), Night before I was taking off to get them, he cancelled the deal. Hopefully it was just a change of mind, not having found a better deal. That would piss me off. Anyway, by then the 50 cal was gone. Also that is a nice looking 44 you have there.

Bigwagon, that's a nice early, no dust cover, rifle. Take care of it.

#20 ·
Some pics of my newest baby!

My Colt 1883 Hammerless Double 10 ga. Born in 1893, about 8.5 pounds, 32" barrels, double triggers and extractors. Chokes unknown, I can find no markings on the barrels to signify choke. Bores are excellent. Wood is nice and she locks up like a vault.
Gun Firearm Shotgun Rifle Trigger
Wood Metal
Wood Table Metal Furniture Spoke
Gun Wood Iron Shotgun Trigger

#24 ·
I think this thread started off well and should be given sticky status.

Love the old Colt rifles. Supposedly, the Burgess lever actions were some of the best lever guns made. Winchester just had too strong a hold on the market and was favored much more.

#25 ·
There's a story...maybe just a myth...that Winchester warned Colt they would start making handguns in competition with Colt if if Colt continued with competing lever rifles. I've never seen any information to document or otherwise confirm that story...maybe that's all it is. Sometimes a good story is nothing more than a good story.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.