Colt Forum banner
241 - 260 of 262 Posts

·
Registered
140 Posts
1991 Gold Cup Commander -- Custom Edition
View attachment 720530
I really like your Gold Cup Commander.
As I sit here writing you a compliment, I'm looking up on, my desk top, at My Gold Cup Commander, displayed in my premier display spot. It's one of my favorite Colt pistols, and occupies that spot most of the time. It was built 10/27/1990I bought it in 1991. It is shown on one of my homebrewed display stands, wearing Mammoth Ivory grips, and custom grip screws.
DSC01704.JPG

Attachments

·
Registered
145 Posts
I really like your Gold Cup Commander.
As I sit here writing you a compliment, I'm looking up on, my desk top, at My Gold Cup Commander, displayed in my premier display spot. It's one of my favorite Colt pistols, and occupies that spot most of the time. It was built 10/27/1990I bought it in 1991. It is shown on one of my homebrewed display stands, wearing Mammoth Ivory grips, and custom grip screws.
DSC01704.JPG
Thanks Sut. Your spot display looks well built and displays both the commander and officer very nicely. I like your Ivory but to be honest I prefer the wood on mine.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Just got my 1997 Enhanced Series 80 Bright Stainless Custom Competition. (That's a mouthful) back from Novak Gunsmithing. Had the rear of the slide/frame blended, they bead blasted the matte rounds for me, machined the slide to accept a Novak fiber optic front sight. Checkered the front strap 25 lpi. I had already installed a new barrel, slide stop and link trying to cure the frame overhang. Installed a EGW thick barrel bushing. Waiting on a Ed Brown magwell and a new Elliason rear sight to finish it off. Then off to the range!
20210311_182947.jpg

·
Registered
9,857 Posts
Thank you Sir! Not yet, still looking to see what I like most. Going back and forth with a few different ones. I will definitely get in contact with him when I make the decision.
Copy That Brother...

I got me 2 sets on the way...Mike's Giraffe Bone (1911) set...due tomorrow

And a pair I bought here from CF member Coltaholic...Sambar Stag Antler (1911)...due Tuesday of next week.

·
Registered
Never met a gun I didn’t like!
12 Posts
Very beautiful, all! Purchased mine a few years ago from a friend. This beautiful Colt turned 50 her last birthday, April 30, 1971.

·
Registered
Colt 1911 Gold Cups The best ever made
723 Posts
Great gun. Can you picture it outside the box with the original stocks as well as with the other stocks?

Are those other stocks original or bought extra?

Nonetheless, it is a great Colt from 37 years ago.

241 - 260 of 262 Posts