Colt Forum banner

181 - 200 of 232 Posts

·
Registered
256 Posts
Very nice set-up. I like the looks of it.
It's amazing what happens when you BORED OUT OF YOUR @#$%^& MIND sitting at home talking to your wife 24/7
HA I did the Le Mat with a Dixie box and redid the whole thing.
For the little French flintlock I found an original box in an antique store and re did it for the pistol with original accessories. .
I have a Colt 1860 on order now, and will do some cleanup on it to keep busy.
Ken

29844_0 (1).jpg
french flintlock 2.jpg

·
Registered
55 Posts
Hi, All, - "Packing Colt Iron?"

Here's one for the owner of the relic '51 Navy 3 months back - I got this in Gettysburg years ago. A veteran-era, solid, one-piece cast-iron 1860 Army souvenir! See the cast grip panels; note the extra details, like the notched recoil shield, the cylinder cones, etc. Even the wedge is tapered.Apparently molded from a real pistol. No mfr. markings. Anybody ever seen another one? All the dimensions are just slightly oversize, but it weighs what a Dragoon does. Didn't keep some kid from trying to spin it on their sidewalk in the '50's - note the chipped hammer.
Cast Iron 1860.jpg

:

I've taken it to countless gun and antique shows; and nobody's shown me a duplicate yet.
Anyone here seen one?

·
Registered
256 Posts
OK Chad, I'll just go sit in the corner and hang my head thinking that I had a nice boxed set of Colts.
That is unbelievable . If we had a magazine , that would be the centerfold for sure.
Thanks for sharing. any more?
Ken

·
Administrator
7,291 Posts
Discussion Starter · #197 ·
I warned against this and yet ...
That'll be enough of the "nice guns" responses .
You can get to 50 from here with some real participation .

·
Premium Member
445 Posts
181 - 200 of 232 Posts