Colt Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,036 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My new to me OP snub that I am still not sure if it a 1957 or 1964. :) The S/N 85524X, per proof house is 1957, however it was not shipped from Colt until 1964. This is one of a very few OP 2" snubs that were built with left over Marshal parts and were never cataloged.

I know it is not as nice as Fugates 100% revolvers, however with the exception of a slight turn line, it damn near perfect IMO. I would rate it at 98% :cool:

I believe it is rare, however I have no idea how many were made. Does anyone have this data?

Pictures below:

Attachments

·
Registered
242 Posts
Now that is just drop dead gorgeous.I have a 4" 62 in the box but three bluing doesn't seem as rich unless it's the lighting.

·
Premium Member
3,036 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Now that is just drop dead gorgeous.I have a 4" 62 in the box but three bluing doesn't seem as rich unless it's the lighting.
The blue is about the same as the Marshal, maybe Colt used a different blue in the 1950's. Almost everything is about the same on these two models. The only difference I can see it the shape of the hammer is a little different.

Attachments

·
Registered
3,189 Posts
Great gun, I am glad you got it. If I didnt already have one I would have bought it in a minute. Thats a gun you just never see. Think about it, how many have you ever seen in your lifetime ? Plus that gun is in high condtion with a letter. You made a great investment and have a super cool gun.

John

·
Premium Member
3,036 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
"how many have you ever seen in your lifetime"

This is the second one I have ever seen. I wish Colt kept records on how many were manufactured.

·
Premium Member
3,036 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
OK Elliotf whre are you doing your gun shopping? That is one gorgeous gun I would be proud just to sit in the same room with it.
I owe members of this Forum for this one. It was pointed out in another thread, and since I did not see that anyone was bidding on it I made the seller a fair offer and he took it. I figured it was the only chance I would have to acquire one of these. Thank you group

1 - 16 of 16 Posts