Colt Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2,174 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Had a dealer call me about this op. Problem is he said it was reblued but has interesting stampings. Thoughts navy mp ? I didn't see it but I guess it had some other numbers and letters on the bottom. Curious to see what others think. Also saw at a different shop a well used op with S P D No 23, Seattle? Are these issued ones worth anymore or just to someone from said dept. or area.

·
*** ColtForum MVP ***
14,611 Posts
It wouldn't be "Navy MP", the Navy doesn't have MP's, they have the Shore Patrol.

This could be a private company guard force stamp or a US government mark used by ?????

·
Registered
2,174 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I don't think I am in the market for either. Pm me and we will get each other's email and I will give the info for them.

·
Registered
1,374 Posts
There were some immediate pre-war (1941) S&W pre-Victories marked U.S.N.C.P.C. which stood for USN Civilian Police Corps or USN Coastal Patrol Corps. Which name is correct I do not know, but most likely the former. Unknown if there is any relationship to the USNMP stamping on the OP.

·
Registered
26 Posts
How about "United States National Military Park" for the US NMP stamping. National Military Parks are part of the National Park Service (think Gettysburg, Shiloh, Vicksburg et al). Maybe a special order for the park service types at one of those old battlefields. Just a thought.

SW

1 - 8 of 8 Posts