Colt Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Boys,

Today got me diggin for Colts for some reason or another. Guess it was the new Python got me stirred up. Anyway, here is a 1941 mfg (6642XX) Official Police that looked longingly at me a few weeks back. It was mingled in a mire of polymer stuff at LGS. Being birthyear mfg. I just brought her home at slipped her into an ole S.D.Myres that seem age appropriate.

Regards

Bill Colt Official Police Birthyear 003.jpg Colt Official Police Birthyear 002.jpg Colt Official Police Birthyear 001.jpg

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Wyatt, I have a pair of aged ivories that really look good on it. Stags would be nice, you have a set?;)

Regards

Bill

·
Registered
932 Posts
Very nice, Bill. The OP appears to have some transitional features, notably the front sight. Very fine Myres rig as well. Xfuzz, that FBI model Heiser looks great as well. Regards, turnerriver

·
The Searcher
11,101 Posts
Very nice, Bill. The OP appears to have some transitional features, notably the front sight. Very fine Myres rig as well. Xfuzz, that FBI model Heiser looks great as well. Regards, turnerriver
Good eye John. That front sight is generally considered a "post-war" style and does not generally appear until circa 1947 during the transitional years as you cite (pun intended). Perhaps it has been modified. Typical 1942 sights would be like on this 1940 (the hammer on it, however, is a later wide spur :eek:). :cool:

1 - 8 of 8 Posts