Colt Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Premium Member
Collect older handguns from Colt and S&W primarily
432 Posts
Doug,

I use grip adapters on all my revolvers that do not have the target/combat-style oversized grips. I have used Pachmayr, Tyler-T and just bought an old Merchon grip adapter I saw on eBay for my Colt Army Special. Tyler-T is sort of still in business, but the factory was damaged by a tornado in the recent past and they are slow to no-go on filling orders from what I hear. An outfit called B.K. Grips makes a Tyler-tyle grip adapter out of plastic, but he's only doing them for S&W revolvers at present. I tried looking for them at gun shows, where they usta be a dime-a-dozen, but no more! Amazon, eBay, Gun Broker, etc,. is now the place to look and most go for about $25.00.

Bill

·
Registered
1,166 Posts
Interesting line of thought. I purchased 3 NIB Pachmayr adapters labeled 3M and Colt Army Special, Camp Perry, Officers Model, and Official Police. The adapters are marked 3M as is the box. They don't fit well on any of my AS or OP or OM revolvers. Any suggestions? They look and are marked authentically.

·
Registered
391 Posts
Here's Numrich's(Gun Parts)page for Colt Pachmayr grip adapters:
Grip Adapter, Pachmayr Model 3S Gun Parts | 538420 | Numrich Gun Parts
I have the large size on my AS and OPs; I tried the small size on 2 of the OPs and still got some "Colt creep" by the sixth shot.as to fit, I did have to do some filing on one of the
large adapters to get it to fit properly and the gun shoots well with it. I also have Pacs on my M1917s; a big improvement.
As to the Tyler situation, I can't comment. I do like the product,however.

Regards,

Tecolote

·
Registered
5,379 Posts
I use the Pachmayr adapters on several of my Colts and like them a lot. I don't care for the finger grip pattern of the Tyler Ts that much, but to each their own.

·
Registered
1,374 Posts
About a year ago I bought one of the Pach adaptors as previously mentioned for the OP, etc. off eBay for $20, shipping included. It fits OK, but I am not using it - I just wanted to have one around. It's black plastic.

·
Registered
8,623 Posts
I bought some from Numrich for about $7.95 each. Have one on my Official Police, put one on an AGENT (yes I had to shorten it) and I had one on my Detective Special until I desicrated the stocks trying to re-cut the checkering; some things are better off left alone.
I kind of like the grip adapter option as oppossed to big target stocks.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.