Colt Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
99 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was drawn to this Official Police because of its Roper stocks. It turns out to have the full King Super Target treatment: barrel rib, reflector front sight, King wide trigger shoe, and cockeyed hammer with short action.

 

·
Registered
Joined
·
535 Posts
Mike, what a beauty! Unique, too - to my experience. I think there was another on these pages not too long ago but certainly not many! Ever! Sir, will you be shooting it?It's great to see a nice old Colt and hear from a happy owner. Thank you very much for the trouble you took to share this terrific gun.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,971 Posts
OK Michael, I'll make you a deal, you can keep the gun, just give me the Ropers and nobody gets hurt!
Just beautiful! I believe it was Randy who also had one with Kings, could be wrong.

------------------
Dick

IN GOD WE TRUST,
BUT KEEP YOUR
SIDEARM HANDY!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
132 Posts
Really nice; I'm envious. I've always gravitated to the Officer's Model, but I'd have bought this one in a second. What year was it made?

Congrats!

Bill A
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
99 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Bill A:
Really nice; I'm envious. I've always gravitated to the Officer's Model, but I'd have bought this one in a second. What year was it made?

Congrats!

Bill A
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Made in 1929. Who knows when the mods were done.

And Diamondback, I know for sure that Randy is a Roper grip aficionado.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
99 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by rcwambold:
...will you be shooting it?<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Thanks, rcwambold. I will definitely be shooting this! If it had its box and was unaltered, I might consider it a safe queen. But the short action is so darn slick that it's too tempting NOT to take to the range.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
535 Posts
Somebody at Colt must've seen these before the Python was born, eh? <BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Michael Stern:
Thanks, rcwambold. I will definitely be shooting this! If it had its box and was unaltered, I might consider it a safe queen. But the short action is so darn slick that it's too tempting NOT to take to the range.
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
40 Posts
Beautiful revolver Michael.

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Michael Stern:
And Diamondback, I know for sure that Randy is a Roper grip aficionado.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

LOL, aficionado in traing maybe. Michael my interest and fascination with Ropers is due in large part to your and Barrocky's wonderful pics over on the S&W forum. All of those pics are on my hard drive now for reference.

My OMT has King sights but no rib. The rear sight is also a King but looks pretty much like the original rear sight would.

This was a local find. It was shoved way in the back of the dealer's lower case. I asked him what was in the ratty black box.





This Woodsman on GA is quite interesting. It has a King barrel weight tube that holds mercury and Roper stocks. http://www.gunsamerica.com/guns/976409168.htm

Michael, did you grab that Colt Bullseye Match Target Woodsman with the outstanding Ropers that was listed on Guns America the other day?


Randy
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
99 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Randy:
Michael, did you grab that Colt Bullseye Match Target Woodsman with the outstanding Ropers that was listed on Guns America the other day?

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Yep:

 
1 - 10 of 10 Posts
Top