Colt Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a chance to pick up a 4inch nickel Official Police. How rare are these. What's a reasonable price. I know location, location, location. And condition, condition, condition. But give me your opinion of price anyway.

·
Registered
535 Posts
A NICKEL OP, you say!? Well, Mac, I'm happy for you if you want/need that kind of gun. The .38 isn't particularly powerful but I think the OP is one of the best 2x revolvers. I've NEVER SEEN a nickeled one. There's the regular ones and the Mark III's, which I've never seen, either. If it was me in your shoes and the gun is very nice - I'd go up to $600 for like new - all original, good action, no rust original grips, etc. Do you know how to check the lock-up on Colt's? It's different than S&W's. Genrally, out this way, an OP is $200-$400. Nickel would be more. Check the front sight, too. Sometimes guys'll file and twist 'em to get a zero that's fine for them but useless for you. Good luck! <BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by McAfee:
I have a chance to pick up a 4inch nickel Official Police. How rare are these. What's a reasonable price. I know location, location, location. And condition, condition, condition. But give me your opinion of price anyway.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

1 - 2 of 2 Posts