Colt Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,291 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was lucky to pick this one up fairly inexpensively. I could live with the J-Scott-type grips although they've been butchered a bit. What other Colt grips will fit this model? I also have a Colt Officers Match .22. I'd be reluctant to take the Python-type grips off of that one, but I've heard they will interchange.

Attachments

·
Banned
7,709 Posts
Have mixed quite a few stocks between the Trooper (pre MK), Official Police and Python for range and display. So as Colt75 has said you're good with the I or E frame sized stocks/grips.

·
Registered
1,995 Posts
The round butt Official Police and round butt Marshall will not fit, they aren't as common. I once bought some for an Official Police and was surprised when they arrived that they were round butt and would not fit correctly leaving an exposed area on the bottom of the gun.

·
Registered
382 Posts
If you're looking for OEM they are extremely hard to find, this is what I did:

Herrett's from CDNN! Works for a shooter!

·
Registered
1,291 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
Ah, thanks. I'm catching on a bit here. I'm okay with the ones I have for now. Quite comfortable and look pretty sharp to me except when you look close. Maybe just keep an eye out for bargains in the wood ones. I'm not a complete "factory" snob, but I suppose that's my general preference. Especially when buying, right?

Nice tight revolver with a three pound trigger. I hope it shoots to point of aim. I expect to try it out this weekend.

I'm guessing later model. Serial 624927

I like the Herrett's. I sometimes use a pair of Herrett's trainers on my S&W Model 41.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts