Colt Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
4,653 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The tale of the tape....

Yep, she's only 5 inches.

Got a call from a local shop today that knows what I like.
He said he just brought in an Anaconda. I asked if it was a 6 incher. He said that it was too short for 6 and too long to be a 4. I said, I'm on my way.
An hour later. It's mine.
Yahoooo.

Jeff (GUNKWAZY)

·
Registered
807 Posts
Re: Ohh no. Guess what I found today and HAD TO HA

GUNKWAZY:

Very nice gun! Now, please show us some more pictures of the complete gun? I'm "Drooling" all over my keyboard! I can't wait to see it 100%!

·
Registered
4,653 Posts
Discussion Starter #4

More pictures ???
It looks like all the other Anacondas, just a tad bit shorter.
Ok, Ok, here ya go...

Jeff (GUNKWAZY)

·
Registered
1,279 Posts

Thank you! That 100% picture was exact the right anti-venom I needed to satisfy my curiosity!

Nice! Best of luck!

·
Registered
4,653 Posts
Discussion Starter #6

FYI: I got confirmation from Colt today that my 5 inch Anaconda was delivered from the factory with a 5 inch barrel.
It IS FACTORY as thought and was produced in 1996.

Just for you guys that like to keep trct of these odd little things.

Jeff (GUNKWAZY)

·
Registered
2,351 Posts

[ QUOTE ]
FYI: I got confirmation from Colt today that my 5 inch Anaconda was delivered from the factory with a 5 inch barrel.
It IS FACTORY as thought and was produced in 1996.
Jeff (GUNKWAZY)

[/ QUOTE ]

Jeff,
Per chance, did they tell you how many of the 5 inch Anacondas were produced? This is only the second one I have seen. The other was one a Dayton dealer tried to sell me, many years ago, and I passed because he wanted $475.00 at a time when Anacondas were going for $425-450.00, and I wasn't yet aware this was a one time only limited production barrel length. I've been kicking myself in the butt ever since. I take it you probably paid a tad over $475.00?.... /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif

·
Registered
4,653 Posts
Discussion Starter #8

It was confirmed that the gun I have was produced & delivered with a 5 inch barrel.
As far as how many were produced, that was not disclosed to me.
As far as being priced a tad over the $475 mark, you are correct. It just all depends on how much you consider a tad to be. /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Jeff (GUNKWAZY)

·
Registered
946 Posts

Holy cow! Box? Papers? I'll be curious to see if you can tell us how many Colt says were made. Thanks for sharing. I've been looking for an Anaconda - but stainless steel never did it for me. Five inch barrels, however, that's a horse of a different color!

·
Registered
4,653 Posts
Discussion Starter #10

No box or papers.
Papers would have only been the standard Colt manual.
As far as quantity made, Colt did not tell me that.
Only that my gun was shipped from the factory as a 5 incher.

Jeff (GUNKWAZY)

·
Registered
36 Posts

I recall this came up a few years back on some forum and my memory is a bit hazy so take it for what it is worth. The number produced was a bit under 200. To me the barrel length is ideal on the Anaconda for my purposes. Just wish I had bought the one for sale a few years back in Washington.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts