Colt Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
369 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
May be of interest to someone. I have many more...

Gun Digest (1953)

The Shooters Bible (1967)

·
Premium Member
461 Posts
Thanks for posting the vintage Colt ads. They are very interesting and illustrate the correct stocks for that era of revolvers - which is educational for novices like me. Post more?

·
Registered
369 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Sorry not selling, they are in the books and they are in great shape. I will scan more and post them. If the sizes are too small or larger for that matter let me know.

Regards,
Steve

·
Registered
689 Posts
The 1st one is of the 1900 era... The 2nd is a little newer... Note the lack of a logo and the early logo...

/forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif

·
Registered
45 Posts
boy o boy I loved your ads! would like to print them but they are to big or i,am to dum to do it can we try them at my e-mail or smaller [email protected],net. thanks for the ads, from one colt fan to another

·
Premium Member
9,695 Posts
I have to pick a nit here. What are pictured here are catalog pages from "The Gun Digest" and "Shooters Bible," not advertisements. They are just copies of Colt catalogs and price lists of the same era.

Advertisements are written and pictorial information placed in publications (and elsewhere) for a fee, designed to provide information so as to encourage sales.

Real Colt advertisements are often very entertaining in both their copy and their pictures. The ones VDM posts are good examples.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts