Colt Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
255 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I bought this some years ago at a local auction but do not know what year it was published as I cannot find any date on it. The original owner did pencil in prices for each handgun. Does anybody have an idea of the date of publication?

Attachments

·
Registered
255 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
While reviewing my post, I just read the year 1922 on the page listing other products beside firearms but don't know if that is the year they began to catalog stuff like that or is it the year of publication.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,601 Posts
By looking at a list of what Colts might have been introduced or discontinued in the 1920s and 1930s, or new features/calibers for existing products, and checking to see if they are mentioned in your catalog, you can probably make a close approximation. It's certainly no earlier than 1922. The question is whether that list exists anywhere or if you would need to construct it. A copy of the TBoCF would probably be very helpful. I believe the Military .38 ACP was discontinued around 1928.

·
Registered
255 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Excellent info JudgeColt! Thank you!
Wasn't the 1902 model discontinued about then?

·
Registered
255 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
The fact that the 1902 was in the catalog told me that it was printed while that pistol was still in production, I didn't know when it was discontinued so "about" was working for me;-) Thanks for more info!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts