Colt Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, I recently inherited an old colt revolver. From what I can find it is a civilian model, but all the ones I am finding have the old hardened black rubber grips. If you guys have any other information on the actual year it was made, what it actually is, or what it's worth it would help a lot. I don't intend on selling it, just to curb my curiosity. Thanks in advance for the help!

Attachments

·
Premium Member
1,558 Posts
... If you guys have any other information on the actual year it was made, what it actually is, or what it's worth .....
As said above, it is a commercial New Army or Navy. The only obvious difference was the style of hard rubber stocks.

The serial places production in 1903.

As for value, it looks original but very rough all around, and the non-military variant doesn’t get a lot of collector love. A wild guess might put it around 300 at most.

·
Registered
5,391 Posts
Mine is way rougher than that thing, but it still shoots even with a sketchy ratchet pawl spring.

I snagged it about a day before it was going to be parted out. $100 OTD.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
... If you guys have any other information on the actual year it was made, what it actually is, or what it's worth .....
As said above, it is a commercial New Army or Navy. The only obvious difference was the style of hard rubber stocks.

The serial places production in 1903.

As for value, it looks original but very rough all around, and the non-military variant doesn’t get a lot of collector love. A wild guess might put it around 300 at most.
Lol Yeah, it is pretty rough I can't even get the cylinder to open up. So, how could I tell wether it is a New Army or a New Navy?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Mine is way rougher than that thing, but it still shoots even with a sketchy ratchet pawl spring.

I snagged it about a day before it was going to be parted out. $100 OTD.
I wish I could shoot this one but I'm not sure how to unfreeze the cylinder release.

·
Premium Member
1,558 Posts
Lol Yeah, it is pretty rough I can't even get the cylinder to open up. So, how could I tell wether it is a New Army or a New Navy?
My value assumed basic mechanical functionality. Without that, well, historical paperweight, or whatever some tinkerer might be willing to pay for a project gun.

Referencing Bob Best, if it’s a New Navy, there should be a small N stamped below the assembly number in the crane cutout of the frame (readable when you get the cylinder swung out).

1 - 10 of 10 Posts