Colt Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
827 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
A friend gave me two vintage holsters for Detective Specials. I thought some of you guys may find them interesting.

The first one is an Audley, which I have heard of but don't know anything about. It has "A132"; "DS" & "Official Audley" stamped on the back and has a sprung retention clip.

The second one has "DBGM"; "1937619" & "Type 3" stamped on the back and also has a sprung retention clip.

Regards, Racingsnake

·
Registered
12,845 Posts
Those are both very very nice old Holsters.

The Brown one with the Wire-Spring Clip is a real Gem!

Old Holsters for the DS are not exactly easy to find, either.

When the Leather and Accessories category started I began a Thread of 'Lets see your old PP,PPS,DS,Cobra etc Holsters...and I s'pose the Thread has sank a ways since then, but, if you can find it, put these in it! ( if I can fgind it, I will edit and add the link here to my Post).

Edited to add -

http://www.coltforum.com/forums/lea...holsters-agent-cobra-bankers-special-too.html

·
Registered
7,258 Posts
Great post, RacingSnake :)
I am not a holster expert but I think that Audley or it's successor, the Jay-Pee, is pretty scare nowadays.
I've been looking off and on for one for a snubby 38 Special most of this year with no luck. I wanted to pair one of these with my 1944 US Army Intelligence Detective Special. I have seen several for 4 " barrel police service revolvers, but none for snubbys.

I don't know anything about the DBGM. Maybe member Turnerriver will see your post and add some info. He is one of the finest handgun holster experts on the net. We're lucky to have him.

·
Registered
8,906 Posts
That Audley looks like a crossdraw which, if so, might be even more special. The other one at first looks like a well made, home made holster based on that border stamp, but it obviously isn't. Pretty nice.

·
Registered
7,258 Posts
That Audley looks like a crossdraw which, if so, might be even more special. The other one at first looks like a well made, home made holster based on that border stamp, but it obviously isn't. Pretty nice.
Now I feel like a ****!
Wyatt is a good friend and is no slouch with holsters. In fact, keep him in mind if you have any holster needs, he "rolls his own". I am sorry I forgot you, Matt!

·
Registered
1,973 Posts
A near new Jay-Pee holster with the safety lock for a DS sold yesterday on ebay for a little over $11. It was the first one I have seen. Someone got a great deal. This is also why if you are selling on ebay, you don't want your auctions to end at 10 AM Pacific Time on a week day.

·
Registered
827 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Oyeboten thanks for the link - I've posted the pictures in there as well.

In that thread TurnerRiver has an Audley, which looks like an identical model - just in better shape.

Regards, Racingsnake

1 - 10 of 10 Posts