Colt Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
5,379 Posts
Thats what you call crowded?? Beautiful looking area though.

·
Premium Member
4,604 Posts
Well lads, I never, ever thought I would say this but.......... I think I could give my right, ..................................................... no, wait!! My left thingamajigger for a membership at that range.

Bud

For a few years now I have been lucky to visit a range in Utah. I attach a photo as it is sort of my favorite.
The good, the price: Free!
The bad, as you can see, usually crowded?
Who has a photo of a more scenic range?
dc

·
Registered
7,299 Posts
I live at cedar city utah. That is 50 miles north of st. george. I am guessing THAT range to be out of st. george or hurricane? We have a free nice county range here. (Iron county). Its not as pretty as that one but is a good one and free. Guys can shoot out to 600 and a thousand yards. They also have a club for sass with the cut out buildings etc and the LEO range is at the end of it. They have been adding to it. Getting a CCW permit here is easy and we can open carry anyway. You very very seldom see anyone actualy open carrying here in town although it IS legal. This is a good area to atv, pack a gun as its almost all blm land outside of the towns.

·
Premium Member
4,604 Posts
That's a really nice range David, but I was just wondering about the safety aspect.

Is that backstop/berm high enough do you think? We must be diligent about bullets going over the berm you know:rolleyes:.

Bud

Well, it's May, and I'm back in Utah again.
I hope to be out at the range later this week, maybe tomorrow, to start with.
dc
View attachment 58284

·
Registered
462 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Matchlock, if you are serious, I don't know. Maybe DirtyHarry knows, he's been out there a lot.
It's higher than it looks in the photos.
I was out there yesterday, and no one was there, not unusual. Spooky, actually.
I do know people walk their dog up that valley, behind that mesa or hill or whatever that thing is.
As to it's actual height, I have only an estimate, 500 feet?
I think the 2nd amendment is alive here. But how alive I don't know. I do know there are dissenters from the faith out here. Maybe a small percent, but they are here, nonetheless.
There certainly are not enough gun stores out here. Mostly tourist business.
dc

·
Premium Member
4,604 Posts
No not at all David. I did put a smiley sarcasm face at the end but perhaps you misses it.

Bud

Matchlock, if you are serious, I don't know. Maybe DirtyHarry knows, he's been out there a lot.
It's higher than it looks in the photos.
I was out there yesterday, and no one was there, not unusual. Spooky, actually.
I do know people walk their dog up that valley, behind that mesa or hill or whatever that thing is.
As to it's actual height, I have only an estimate, 500 feet?
I think the 2nd amendment is alive here. But how alive I don't know. I do know there are dissenters from the faith out here. Maybe a small percent, but they are here, nonetheless.
There certainly are not enough gun stores out here. Mostly tourist business.
dc

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.