1 - 20 of 204 Posts

·
Registered
10,475 Posts
This can get out of hand real quick if a lot of restraint isn't shown. :eek:

·
Premium Member
747 Posts
Interesting about the first photo I posted, the gal with the fancy belt and holster; on the back of the photo is an Army Censor stamp from WW2. Probably a story there.
Are those your own photos that you posted? I couldn't tell that they were scans. Definitely neat, and am curious about the story behind that stamp.

·
Registered
3,077 Posts
Watch Hopalong Cassidy. Lucky is always falling for some girl, often packing guns. Of course, Hoppy has to break a heart or two along the way.
A lot of the girls that were in the Hoppy movies were former rodeo stars,they were hired in other movies for instance w/Johnny Mack Brown for their riding abilities, several of them had been w/the Miller Brothers Wild West shows.

·
Registered
3,954 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
This can get out of hand real quick if a lot of restraint isn't shown. :eek:
Good foresight Snidely. Folks, if you want this thread to continue please remember all ages and gender view this forum; please keep it appropriate or it will get shut down. It would be nice also for the photos to be your property. I have edited the title of this thread. Thanks.

·
Premium Member
747 Posts
Good foresight Snidely. Folks, if you want this thread to continue please remember all ages and gender view this forum; please keep it appropriate or it will get shut down. It would be nice also for the photos to be your property. I have edited the title of this thread. Thanks.
A thread about this topic is definitely walking a thin line, but I do appreciate seeing these old photos of wonderful women enjoying their guns (especially their Colts) just the same as any of us men folk. It's a nice reminder that though this is a male dominated hobby, it's never been limited to just men. Lots of women can and do appreciate their firearms too.

·
Registered
3,077 Posts
After I posted about the girls in the movies I rememberd a book written by another old friend of mine Bobby Copeland it was titled "Johnny Mack Brown's Saddle Pal Gals" it's about his favorite women co-stars that had been former rodeo stars.Bobby was Lash Larues road manager for the film festivals so popular several yrs ago,he wrote over 20 books about the old western movie actors & knew most of them personley but only from the old western movies not from TV,I have all of them,he died about 5 yrs ago but his books are still available.

1 - 20 of 204 Posts