Colt Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
296 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am needing a pair of the full checkeres stocks to go on a 1958 python. I would like them to be in very nice shape. Can anyone lead me in a good direction or have some they would be willing to sell. I also do have two virtually mint sets of later python grips and would be willing to use one of them as trading material possibly. Any info. would be greatly appreciated.

·
Registered
1,310 Posts
I believe a mint set sold recently on ebay for about $260-$275. There were three sets of different vintages for sale at the same time and they all ran over $200. I would try ebay and keep your eyes open.

·
Registered
1,216 Posts
I'll look for a set at Tulsa this weekend. I agree with 22, it'll take at least $200 and maybe closer to $250. Shoot me a PM with a phone number where you can be contacted either Friday or Saturday. I'll call you if I come across a set in excellent condition.

Is your Python in excellent condition? i.e. the condition of the stocks should match the condition of your gun.

·
Registered
296 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I would rate the specimen at around 95%. It is a 6 inch blue. By the way the blue on this gun is incredible under a light. It seems truly ROYAL. It has very minor muzzle wear, etc. Overall it is a very nice find I feel. 4 digit 1958 (4th year) production gun and it has the most smooth yet crisp action to it. It feels incredible to cycle it. I will try to send you a PM with my number. Thanks Addicted

1 - 4 of 4 Posts