Colt Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
778 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi you all: One of the gun shops we frequent has a Officers Model 38, 7-1/2" barrel Serial #451xxx, looks like 1920. Its about 95%+ which is pretty good for a gun that old. Do any of you have a ball park as to its value, and how many may have been made. They want $550. for it, and most likely would come down some. Thanks for your help. Robba

·
Registered
1,216 Posts
If it is 95% then $550 is a great price. Has it been refinished? Does it have the correct stocks? It is cool that the cylinder rotates clockwise. Go back to him, point out all the issues including the minor ones and tell him that he's over priced at $550. Work him and you'll get her for $475. Good luck and let us know the outcome.

·
Registered
778 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Has not been refinished! Any more thats the first thing we look for. Grips are original like new, they are checkered wood with a dianmond around the screw hole.

Just found the exact gun on G & A for $815.00 looks like its twin. Think I'll buy it.

·
Registered
1,216 Posts
I saw that same gun on GA before I posted. The gun on GA hasn't sold yet at $815 but at $550 it'd be long gone. Take a look at closed auctions and that's the fair market value. I hope it turns out for you.

·
Registered
778 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
We seem to bump into a few old Colt revolvers around here. Retirees bring them down from up north, and trade them on protection pistols. They sell the heck out of Keltecs in this area. I probably can get this one for about $475. Found a target special in almost 98% along with a 32 marked CPD from the same private dealer at a show for $550. for both. You just have to watch out for the refinished guns.

·
Registered
1,216 Posts
[ QUOTE ]
Found a target special in almost 98% along with a 32 marked CPD from the same private dealer at a show for $550. for both. You just have to watch out for the refinished guns.

[/ QUOTE ]

I sent you a PM. Give me a call so I can talk to you more about the mentions guns. Thanks,

·
Registered
1,216 Posts
Robba, Your PM has been turned off. Please contact me so I can contact you. Thanks a bunch.

·
Registered
778 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Addicted: We bought both the Target Special, and that 32 with the Cincinnati P.D. marking. Maybe sounded like they were available the way I said it.

·
Registered
1,216 Posts
Good for you. You stole em. I hope you can sleep tonight. /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

1 - 9 of 9 Posts