Colt Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
502 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
OMT .32\'s and holsters - pictures

When I bought these 3 OMT .32's from a Massachusetts dealer about 20 years ago, they came with these 3 holsters, and original boxes, shown in one of my previous posts. They have no markings of any kind on front, back or inside. Are there any leather collectors out there with an opinion as to their origin? They appear to be something that would be worn with an old Sam Browne type belt, or an early pre-WWII type officers dress uniform. Opinions?

tommix

·
Registered
6 Posts
Re: OMT .32\'s and holsters - pictures

The holsters shown in your photos appear to be of the same type used by the Canadian military services in World War I. They were used for the .455 S&W's which were huge handguns. I think the Royal Canadian Mounted Police also used the same holster with the Sam Brown belt rig. I know they were made in several sizes for different revolvers.

·
Registered
3,940 Posts

Tommix;

I'm no holster expert. I like your holsters which look period and have attractive color. They look sturdily made and appear to be as good as new. Perhaps someone will come along and provide more detail about your holsters.

I always appreciate your photographs which are nicely composed and provide a lot of detail. You've got really nice Colts which are always thrilling to see. You along with several other Forum members provide the greatest photographs. They are wonderful for reference and so much more enjoyable than what is provided in most reference works.

·
Registered
502 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·

Bryan: Thank you for your kind comments. I enjoy sharing some of my Colts and accessories that are are unusual or not depicted in the usual reference works. Someone could always have something similar and provide some otherwise unknown info, my feelings also on serial numbers. I wish there were more interest in 2nd and 3rd generation Single Actions on the revolver forum, I have a few odd ones..

Bill

·
Registered
3,940 Posts

Bill, you're welcome. You just post and I'll be sure to enjoy. Start a thread on the 2nd and 3rd generation SAA's. I'd have a look at the odd ones.

I'm still kicking myself 20 years later over passing up a 2nd generation 5 1/2-inch .45 Colt that had some very minor cosmetic issues for $280. It was just a garden variety SAA but I could have had a lot of shooting fun with it. At the time it didn't appear to be such a good deal.

With a couple of sons in college I'm not likely to have disposable income for really nice Colts for the next few years so I'll drool over those pictured on the Forum.

·
Registered
4,102 Posts

Bill your posts and pictures are always welcome. You always seem to come up with the most interesting specimens.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts