Colt Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
3,204 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I bought this OMT a couple of years ago, and today was the first time I had it out to the range (still needs to be cleaned up). I had to adjust the sights a couple of times, but once dialed it did pretty well (the group centered at about 1:00). Overall I was impressed with how well it shot. I generally prefer S&W dbl actions, (N frames are my favorite) but the OMT fits me, and feels better than the comparable K Frame Smith. I might have to start looking for a nice OMT 22 to add to the stable.

Best regards,

·
Registered
3,204 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Most of my dbl actions are Smith N frame, but I do have an old 1951 vintage K-22, which I enjoy, but the OMT with target stocks definitely fits my hand better. Most of my .22 shooting is with an early Smith 41, but I wouldn't mind having another .22 wheel gun, and an OMT would be fun.

Best regards,

·
Registered
1,374 Posts
At the local gun show this morning, I just bought a very nice (+/-95%) .38 OMM, ca. 1966. I probably won't be able to test it for another few weeks. I also have a ca. 1936 OMT. It's also in great condition, but I can't say it groups all that well for me so far. I think I paid a little too much or it ($650 otd), but it spoke to me, and I answered.

·
Registered
1,378 Posts
At the local gun show this morning, I just bought a very nice (+/-95%) .38 OMM, ca. 1966. I probably won't be able to test it for another few weeks. I also have a ca. 1936 OMT. It's also in great condition, but I can't say it groups all that well for me so far. I think I paid a little too much or it ($650 otd), but it spoke to me, and I answered.
Unless the gun was screwed with or in poor shape, $650.00 ain't a bad price anymore. Sounds like you got a good one.
Bob

·
Registered
1,374 Posts
Aside from some slight muzzle wear and a little white showing on the frame sides where the barrel screws in, it's cosmetically like new. I'll probably dab a little cold blue on those areas to make it look a little better. I did notice that one chamber seems to be slightly out of time when I pull the hammer back very slowly.

·
Registered
3,204 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
... I also have a ca. 1936 OMT. It's also in great condition...
Even though I don't particularly care for the double action on Colts, in comparison to S&W, I do like the look and feel and the quality of the pre-war guns. One of these days I'd like to add a nice New Service or Shooting Master to the collection. A couple of years ago, a LGS had a really nice 38 Special Shooting Master (about the condition of my OMT in the picture above) tagged for just under a grand. It sat there for several months, and I just didn't have the coin at the time to purchase it.

Best regards,

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.