Colt Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
3,063 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I recently picked up this very clean 1937 Officers Model Target. I generally prefer S&W double actions, but I couldn't pass up on this one, given the price and condition. To me the later target stocks are just a bonus.

Best regards,

·
Registered
3,057 Posts
The Colt full checkered stocks, with Colt medallions are my all-time favorite stocks.

Yes, you did really well with that acquisition.

Thanks for showing.

·
Registered
3,063 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
The Colt full checkered stocks, with Colt medallions are my all-time favorite stocks.

Yes, you did really well with that acquisition.

Thanks for showing.
Yeah, those checkered stocks are my favorite also. I got it at an auction, and I don't think anyone else realized how desirable those stocks are; if they had, I think the bidding would have been a lot stronger than it was.

Best regards,

·
Registered
2,430 Posts
That's a beautiful example and not an easy model to find here in CA. Tell us about the front sight blade. It looks like it may have a platinum insert or something to enhance the sight picture.

·
Registered
3,063 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
... Tell us about the front sight blade. It looks like it may have a platinum insert or something to enhance the sight picture.
No it's not an insert. Interestingly the front blade is not a piece of flat stock; the edge facing the shooter is maybe a 1/1000th or so (I haven't put a mic on it), thicker than the rest of the sight blade. For some reason a previous owner decided to remove the blue from a portion of the sides of this thicker part of the edge of the blade.

Best regards,

1 - 9 of 9 Posts