Colt Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,892 Posts
Though I disagree and disrespect anyone dishonoring the Flag or the United States and I will fight those who desecrate our flag, I did get wounded twice so that people in the US have the freedom to express their views no matter how different they are then mine.

·
Registered
564 Posts
Though I disagree and disrespect anyone dishonoring the Flag or the United States and I will fight those who desecrate our flag, I did get wounded twice so that people in the US have the freedom to express their views no matter how different they are then mine.
The important thing to remember about constitutional rights is that they protect us from government action. That's it. Everyone has a right to say what they want and be free from oppression by the government for those statements. But they do not have the right to be free from any other type of opposition. They can express themselves how they want and I will protect them from the government for that freedom with all I have. But unless that is the case, and I disagree with them, I am free to do anything lawful to oppose them, including but not limited to expressing my opinion, firing them if they work for me, or asking those they work for to fire them. I can't stand the pervasive idea in our culture that freedom of expression means there can be no negative consequences to our expression. All it means is the government can't enforce those consequences.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.