Colt Forum banner

? on USFA Henry Nettleton model

2K views 5 replies 4 participants last post by  Cozmo 
#1 ·
Hello all. Been searching and can't find info if it is all USA parts or not. Serial H.N.471XX Inspector Series, 7 1/2 .45, U.S. and cartouche. Says 1997 production and Type II ( USFA machined Uberti frame, remainder all US.) Thanks for any info you can share.

Victor

#2 · (Edited)
Photos of it is usually a necessity to determine Parts origin. Serial sequence is really not a reliable way to tell because USFA jumped around so much and there was no set serial Parts switchover. If the gun has a longer black 2 piece “lift top” type black box with a factory label of later production and its for sure factory original box and labeled to the gun, then USA Parts. If hinged lid black box white label, gotta see the gun. If hinged lid black box with blue/white label , then Uberti Parts. This is just a general rule of thumb if you have the box.
Still best to judge by the shape of certain parts of the gun.

#3 · (Edited)
Serial numbers on Neddleton's have been documented to this point...HN 47169, Uberti gun, HN 47191 Uberti, HN 47238* Uberti. HN 47239* (this is a 5.5" Neddleton all USA made, HN 47241 USA gun, HN 47280* USA gun, HN 47346* USA, HN 47472* USA. More here The Shootist: Uberti or USFA or a parts gun? By serial number I'd guess way more Uberti parts than suggested by the seller. 41764 in that blog post (and below) shows a number of Uberti parts.

#5 ·
As I recall, USFA offered to make a person a duplicate of their original Cavalry SAA using the same serial number. Since the gun you refer to has a serial number that would put it in the Colt Henry Nettleton range, I suspect that is what was done by USFA for someone.

#6 ·
Good memory on the custom guns. I have a gun labeled on the box as a "Custer" that was built to match an original Colt. Its number is 81XX.
The following USFA serial numbers are all production HN guns. Interesting to note we actually do have a transition serial number from Uberti parts guns to USA made guns. Unusual info for USFA production.

HN 47164 Uberti
HN 47169 Uberti
HN 47191 Uberti
HN 47238 Uberti
HN 47239 (this is a 5.5" Neddleton all USA made)
HN 47241 USA
HN 47280 USA
HN 47346 USA
HN 47472 USA

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.